Casting your vote in the upcoming election is your chance to directly impact the future of Armstrong.
Each citizen, if eligible to vote, has a chance to choose who will become leaders in our community.
It is an exciting time for every municipality as it marks a new chapter.
In British Columbia, municipal elections are held every four years. Those elected will serve a four-year term (2022-2026).
The upcoming election will elect:
• 1 Mayor and 6 Councillors to City Council
• 1 School District 83 Trustee
For more information on the voting process and the official declarations of the 2022 elections, click below.
July 4th, 2022 – Election Bylaw Adoption Deadline
July 18th, 2022 – Pre-Campaign Period Begins
July 28th, 2022 – Nomination Packages Available
August 30th, 2022
– Nomination Period begins at 9 a.m.
September 9th, 2022 – Nomination Period ends at 4 p.m.
– Declaration of Candidates
September 16th, 2022 – Withdrawal Candidacy Deadline
– Pre-Campaign Period Ends
September 19th, 2022 – Campaign Period Begins
– Declaration of Election
September 28th, 2022 – Municipal Candidates Debate at 6:30 p.m.
hosted by the Armstrong Spallumcheen Chamber of Commerce
October 5th, 2022 – Advance Voting Day
October 12th, 2022 – Advance Voting Day
October 15th, 2022 – Election Day
– Campaign Period Ends
– Mail Ballot Voting Deadline
– Announcement of Preliminary Election Results after 8 p.m.
November 7th, 2022 – Inaugural Council Meeting
- Vote in-person: Odd Fellow’s Hall
3005 Wood Avenue, Armstrong B.C.
- Vote by mail: Please refer to the Mail Ballot Information below.
- Voting dates: October 5th, 12th and 15th, 2022.
- Voting times: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.