The Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Department has implemented a fire ban in accordance with the B.C. Wildfire Service starting at (noon) 12 p.m. on Friday, July 7 2023.
“Campfires will be prohibited in the City of Armstrong and the Township of Spallumcheen,” explained Armstrong Spallumcheen Fire Chief Ian Cummings. “With continued hot and dry weather bringing an increased fire danger rating, this ban is intended to help prevent human-caused fires and protect public safety. Preventing human caused fires is our shared responsibility.”
In addition to campfires, Category 2, and Category 3 open fires, the following activities are also prohibited:
• the use of fireworks;
• the use of sky lanterns;
• the use of burn barrels or burn cages of any size or description;
• the use of binary exploding targets;
• the use of tiki and similar kinds of torches;
• the use of chimineas; and,
• the use of outdoor stoves or other portable campfire apparatuses not CSA or
The City thanks its residents for their continued diligence in keeping our community safe.