All dogs within the City of Armstrong must have a dog license once they are 6 months or older. This is to help us return your dog to you should they decide to go for a stroll without you!
Dog License Fees
|Not Neutered or Spayed||$55.00||$270.00|
|Neutered or Spayed||$20.00||$90.00|
Licenses are available at:
– City Hall (3535 Bridge Street, Armstrong)
– Armstrong Veterinary Clinic (3125 Smith Drive, Armstrong)
How to pay dog license fees?
Payments can be made multiple ways:
– Cash or cheque at Armstrong Vet Clinic at 3125 Smith Drive.
– Cash, cheque, or Interac at City Hall at 3535 Bridge Street.
For more information, you can contact City Hall at (250) 546-3023.
|Each subsequent impoundment of the same dog||$150.00|
|Daily maintenance fee (includes any part of day for which a dog is impounded)||$15.00|
|Voluntary surrender of a dog||$25.00|
Note: A subsequent impoundment shall be defined as a dog with a prior record of impoundment within the last 12-month period.
For details on By-Law regulations surrounding dog ownership in the City of Armstrong, please refer to the Dog Care and Control Bylaw. For related fees and dog licensing information please review the Rates Fees and Charges Bylaw (Section 5). All impound fees must be paid a City Hall at 3535 Bridge Street.
Comments and Complaints
Complaints are received on a 24 hour basis; however, if the matter is urgent and outside regular City Hall office hours (M-F 8:30-4:30) please call the office to be connected to a person.
Anonymous complaints will not be accepted.
All complainants must provide complete information according to this form.
The City of Armstrong’s priority is to protect all Complainants’ information. Information is not released for the following reasons:
– It is an unreasonable invasion of personal privacy as identified in the Freedom of Information, Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) Legislation.
– It is supplied in confidence in relation to the complainant.
– It is detrimental to a bylaw enforcement investigation and or its outcomes.
– It would reveal the identity of a confidential source of bylaw enforcement information.