Planning and Development Information
The City of Armstrong Planning and Development department consists of a planner, two building inspectors and a clerk.
The Planning & Development department is responsible for processing related applications such as rezoning, development permits, development variance permits, building permits, ALR Exclusion applications, Official Community Plan Amendment applications and Subdivision applications.
The City of Armstrong accepts all building inquiries directly related to properties within the boundaries; building permits will be issued by the City.
A comprehensive application package with information sheets is available for download as well as each individual form and info sheet available for download.
All City maps are located here.
Bylaws Applicable to Buildings, Structures and Developments:
Owner Builder Authorization
Owner builders are required to pass a knowledge exam on home building basics. This helps owner builders to expand their knowledge and improve the quality of owner-built homes. It also enhances consumer protection by reinforcing the statutory requirements that owner builders are required to follow. Please use the link for the Owner Builder Authorization to have all your questions answered.
Active Development Applications
Development applications that are active and in progress, click here for the report – updated January 7, 2022.
Please note, the attached development permit reports are updated periodically throughout the year, please click on the “click here for report” to access the report(s). Please contact City Hall if you require information that is more up to date.
Closed/ Completed Development Applications
Development applications that have been authorized, closed or expired, click here for the report – updated January 7, 2022.
Development Permits & Applications
Applications are available at City Hall or online.
Zoning Applications & Information
View the City’s Zoning Bylaw.
The Re-zoning Guide has been created to help identify the process for a Rezoning application.
Applications for re-zoning are available at City Hall or online.
The updated Zoning map can be found here.
Persons interested in Zoning and Official Community Plan designation for their property are encouraged to contact City Hall.
Official Community Plan
Applications are available at City Hall.
Initial inquires should be made directly to City Hall.
Integrated Stream & Wetland Management Study
Integrated Stream and Wetland Management Study for the City of Armstrong in support of watershed planning and management.
Royal York Development
Public Hearing remote via Zoom, at 5:00 pm on Monday, September 27, 2021
- Procedure for Electronic Public Hearings
- Newspaper Advertisements (Scheduled to be included in the Okanagan Advertiser on September 16 and 23, 2021)
- Owner/Occupant Letter, mailed September 16, 2021
- Bylaw 1874 (with maps) – OCP, second as amended
- Bylaw 1875 (with maps) – Zoning, second as amended
- Environmental Assessment Progress Summary for Royal York Golf Course Redevelopment Update – Sage Environmental – September 13, 2021
- Environmental Assessment Progress Summary for Royal York Golf Course Redevelopment – Sage Environmental – June 2021
- Conseptual Servicing and Stormwater Management Plan – Kerr Wood Leidal – June 15, 2021
- Transportation Impact Analysis
Referrals & Referral Responses
- Referral (general) – March 24, 2021
- Sage Environmental Consulting – Environmental Scientist
- Referral Response – Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resources Operations and and Rural Development
- Referral Response – MoFLNRORD – Ecosystems Biologist
- Referral Response – SD83
- Referral Response – Fortis Gas
- Referral Response – Gentech, Wellhead Protection
- Referral Response – Gentech
- Referral Response – Township of Spallumcheen
- Referral Response – ALC
- Referral Response – MoT
- Referral Response – MoFLNRORD (Oct 20 2020)
- Referral Response – MoFLNRORD (May 27 2021)
- Referral Response – A/S Fire Department
- Referral Response – FLNRDOS
- Referral Response – A/S Trails Society
- Referral Response – A/S Parks & Recreation
- Referral Response – Archeology
- Referral (specifically for LGA Section 477(3)(a)) – March 24, 2021
- Referral (Archeological Department) – April 9, 2021
- Referral (BC Transit) – June 7, 2021
- March 22, 2021 Planner Report (included in the March 22, 2021 Regular Council Package)